Noticias de interés
UKMTO Weekly Piracy Report 28 Oct - 3 Nov 17
Fecha de la noticias: 13/11/2017 • Publicada: 13/11/2017
1. This week UKMTO has issued one advisory,
2. It was reported to UKMTO on 08 Nov 17 that an MV transiting near Perim Island was followed and approached at speed by 2 skiffs, each with 7 men on-board, with the closest point of approach being 100m. Vessel and crew are reported as being safe. Ref ADVISORY NOTICE 001/NOV/2017.
3. Whilst there was no official confirmation in writing the Saudi Arabian authorities announced the closure of all Yemeni ports. This was later relaxed with the Ports of Aden and Makulla being opened to authorised shipping.
4. U.S. MARITIME ALERT 2017-008A was issued in response to the announcement of the closure of Yemeni ports,
5. The UN adopted a resolution to ensure that the comprehensive approach to the issue of piracy off the coast of Yemen continues. This spans from the military response to legal and economic progress in Somalia.
6. Whilst piracy incidents, after the spike in activity earlier this year, have reduced in the Gulf of Aden, there is still an upward trend elsewhere in the world, notably in the Gulf of Guinea and in Asia.
7. The Calling Notice has been issued for MIEVOM which will be held on 28 th November 2017 at the Dubai International Seafarer’s Centre, Dubai.
Visitar el enlace original